image1 image2 image3 image4 image5 image6 image7 image8 image9 image10

Mara's Beauty Diary|Beauty and Fashion

The Face Shop Oil Control Water Cushion SPF 50+ PA+++ Review

With my love for Korean cosmetics and BB Cushions, I thought I'd try other cushions from other Korean brands. This is only my second cushion compact that I'll get to try and I feel like there's more to come. This review is going to be on the new THEFACESHOP's Oil Control Water Cushion (SPF 50+ PA+++).

Initially, I saw this online and I was intrigued by the name oil control. I don't know about you, but I'm feeling twenty two hoooo-- but anything that says it controls oil/sebum and mattifying is right up my alley. I wasn't planning on getting this because I've been using my favorite Laneige BB Cushion in Pore Control which I super love by the way! (Click the link to see my review) I thought I would give this a try for comparison purposes. 

By the way, for the whole month of October, THEFACESHOP Philippines is offering a buy 1 + get 1 free refill promo. I'm putting it out there just in case you're interested.


Brand: THEFACESHOP
Product: Oil Control Water Cushion (SPF 50+ PA+++)
Price: P895.00
        P595.00 (refill)
Shade: V203 Natural Beige
Content: 15 g / 0.52 oz.







The Oil Control Water Cushion is your all proof product with its moist cover, fresh fit, and long-lasting properties and it has a whooping SPF of 50+ PA+++



Cushion foundation recharges skin with moisture while controlling sebum for long-lasting freshness. Moist-cover effect promotes a healthy look while covering up imperfections and pigmentation. Sebum control formula helps reduce shine and keep makeup stay in perfect condition for hours. New Microfoam keeps makeup feel as fresh as when it is first applied.

Like other cushion compacts, this is refillable as well. When you run out of product, you can just buy the refill once you have the case.



The case is very similar with other cushions which is made out of plastic and comes with a mirror inside. The case is quite bulky so keep that in mind when you plan on bringing this for travel.


The Microfoam cushion with microfiber helps protect the formula fresh. It also helps makeup go on evenly for more meticulous application and coverage.

This puff/sponge really feels different from the one I've tried from Laneige, it is softer and glides more on the skin, but I find that the blue puff does a better job in blending though.

Once opened, you'll see a seal to keep the product fresh.

Remove the seal when you're ready to use the cushion.





Here's a simple swatch on my hand. I got the natural beige which is the darkest color out of the two available shades. Be sure to try it on your face before buying because the only available shades are lighter than normal.


Have you noticed that it looks dry, and it clings to the lines on my hand, but you can prevent that from happening by using a moisturizer before applying the product.



COVERAGE. Coverage is medium to full. It was able to cover the redness and pimple marks on my face with only one layer. I don't recommend overdoing it though because it will cake up and look thick with more than one layer.

OIL CONTROL. This is the reason why I'm loving this product, heck yes it does control your face from being oily for a longer period of time. Oil control is better than other foundations/BB Cream I've tried before. I find that I have to retouch after maybe 4-5 hours after application and it doesn't make my face look like an oil mine.

LONGEVITY. This is pretty long-lasting. I usually apply this at 6:30 am in the morning before going to work, then I usually arrive at home by 8:00 pm in the evening and the foundation looks intact and I still look like a human being after 13.5 hours of wear.

TEXTURE. The formula feels light on the face like you're wearing nothing on but since this is made for people with oilier skin type, this product tends to accentuate dry patches so my advice is you exfoliate and moisturize well before using this.

I'm only doing this for the sake of review and comparison, so here's a photo of the before and after application on my face. I had a terrible acne breakout a few months back so it left me with these hideous marks, thank God for BB creams and foundation!


I only did one layer and it already covered my acne marks or hyperpigmentations and it evened out my skin tone. As I told you, it accentuates dry patches. You can see that there are some flaking on my jaw and mouth area which is caused by the acne treatment I'm currently under. But on my t-zone area, this helps keeping my oils at bay. The finish isn't completely matte rather it gives a more semi-matte finish which I prefer as it gives you a healthy glow that appears to be more natural.


So far I'm loving this Cushion, it has a lot of similarities to the Laneige BB Cushion in Pore Control. I'm glad that I tried this! My wallet is singing hallelujah because this is way cheaper and works great for my oily-combination skin. So far no breakouts nor any allergic reactions after using this. I love the formula, the light texture, longevity and coverage it gives. The only downside is the limited  shade selection. Definitely give this a try! Visit your nearest THEFACESHOP branch while they're still having their buy 1 + get 1 promo!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I was supposed to get one of this but I ended up buying the therapy cushion which is new one as per the sale rep. I was a bit disappointed with it and wished I bought this on instead.
    They don't have plus refill promo anymore, I hope they put the promo back. This review is very helpful, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was supposed to get one of this but I ended up buying the therapy cushion which is new one as per the sale rep. I was a bit disappointed with it and wished I bought this on instead.
    They don't have plus refill promo anymore, I hope they put the promo back. This review is very helpful, thank you

    ReplyDelete