image1 image2 image3 image4 image5 image6 image7 image8 image9 image10

Mara's Beauty Diary|Beauty and Fashion

My Skincare Routine (Oily-Combination Skin) + Tips

What skincare products do you use and recommend? What skincare products do you recommend for oily skin? What's your skincare routine? These are some skincare related questions I've been receiving lately. To address all these questions, I decided to write everything I know in this post. Now, I'm not a professional or in any way an expert when it comes to skincare. So just to put a disclaimer out there that all the products I'm going to mention here may or may not work for you since we all have different skin types and there may be other factors affecting our skin, right?. But nonetheless, all the things I'm going to say are all based on my experience and research. I'm guessing that this is going to be a super lengthy post since I have a LOT of things I want to share with you. So let's begin!

My Skin's History

I never had super bad skin before, but during my sophomore year in college, I remembered, I started getting small bumps/ pimples/ clogged pores on my forehead and on my nose. I would also get gigantic pimples (mostly on my nose) every now and then. Obviously, it really affected my self-esteem back then. Acne Gels had been my best friend, but truthfully I really don't know if it helped cure my acne in any way. And since I originally have super clear skin, I thought it's going go away after a week or so, but it didn't, it lasted for a whole year. Fortunately after that, I was able to track what causes that nightmare which are my bangs, wrong base products, dirt, wrong skincare, touching my face, unhealthy snacks, etc. And now I'm proud and happy that my skin is back to it's true state hahaha! I'm blemish-free for almost 2 years now but I do get small pimples when it's that time of the month, but most of the time my skin is clear and happy.

Anyhow, This has been my skincare routine for almost a year now. I have oily-combination skin btw, my t-zone area can get super oil than the rest of my face. Continue reading to see tips on how to reduce oiliness :) 

(l-r) ZA Total Hydration Fresh Foamy Cleanser, Fresh Lucent Toner, Dewy Moisturizer, Amino Mineral Refreshing Gel

I'm using ZA Cosmetics' Total Hydration Line for my daily skincare routine. I've been religiously using all of these for almost a year now and it didn't broke me out or caused any irritation whatsoever. As I said earlier, my skin is happy and clear for two years now, and Me sticking with my current skincare routine must have been one of the reasons why.

First Step: Cleanse (Two times a day)

Za Cosmetics Fresh Foamy Cleanser

Before I was hesitant to use this, because I had a bad memory with facial foam cleansers, I was using gentle cleansers and soaps for my face before this but they don't hit the bar when it comes to cleansing my skin well. This cleanser on the other hand really does well on the cleansing department. My skin loves it, in fact I'm about to finish my second tube. 


This cleanser makes my skin clean, oil-free and bright right after usage.



It has blue beads for mild exfoliation.


Remember that cleansing is the most important step there is in any skincare routine. Cleansing will remove all the dirt and impurities in your skin, thus all the other skincare lotions you'll apply right after can easily penetrate into your skin. Dirt can be one of the causes of  your breakout! Cleanse well atleast once or twice a day.

Second Step: Tone

Za Cosmetics Total Hydration Fresh Lucent Toner

Remember to use toner right after washing your face. It brings back moisture and removes any excess dirt.



This toner is like water, it feels refreshing and it doesn't feel sticky.


Third Step: Moisturize

Za Cosmetics Total Hydration Dewy Moisturizer 

After you cleansed and toned your skin, a moisturizer is essential to bring the hyrdration back into your skin. Cleansing may usually leave our skin dry and sebum free, which may sound good, but it's actually bad because without moisture and the right amount of oil, our skin cannot function well. Thus, to bring back the moisture balance, our skin will produce MORE oil which will eventually lead to excess sebum and breakouts.

To prevent this from happening, keep your skin moisturized. Even if your skin is already oily, moisturizer is still a must. Remember that balance is the key!




Za Cosmetics  Total Hydration Amino Refreshing Gel

This is my HG moisturizer! I'm almost half-way through my second tube. I love using this because it feels smooth when applied and it dries after 10 seconds. My skin absorbs this right away. I usually use this before make-up because I don't have to wait for it to dry and it's really cooling and moisturizing. I also use this whenever I'm feeling lazy to apply my toner and moisturizer hahaha





Exfoliate! (Once or twice a week)

And now, here's the star product in my skincare routine: This gentle exfoliator is what I use to exfoliate or remove the dead skin cells in my face.

Cure Natural Aqua Gel

I cannot even say how much I LOVE this exfoliator! 



If you're wondering why it's a sachet, well I got this sachet for free from Beauty Bar (grab a sample! just ask for it, it's free!) I've gone through all my samples, And now I need to buy the big bottle which costs an arm and a leg -Php 1,500. But I gotta say it's because this product is amazing! Don't believe me? keep on reading :)



Apply the gel on a cleansed and dry face or in this case on the back of my hand. 


Gently massage. It will start to look milky.


Then TADAH! these white particles are your dead skin cells.

You have to try this, because it's life changing! hahahaha But I'm not even kidding, after using this your skin will feel SMOOTH, SILKY, and SOFT like baby skin. And since it removes the dead skin cells, your new skin can now absorb all the skincare products you'll apply. You would literally feel your skin absorbing all the moisture. My Mama and Sister loves this too! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS! :)

Use facial masks/ Sleeping packs (Once or twice a week)

Laneige Water Sleeping Pack_EX

Here's another star product in my skincare routine. This is basically a leave-on mask by laneige. I got this sample size from Sample Room like a year ago but it lasts me up until now. This is very moisturizing! Like I would put it on at night, then the next day, my skin looks smooth, bright, and bouncy.

I'm not even kidding when I say that this literally hydrates the heck out of my skin. Laneige, you've done a great job with this product! This also helps with preventing future pimples! Because whenever I feel like a pimple is about to form, I use this together with Cure Aqua Gel. Like I said earlier, Cure helps with the absorption of the products well into your skin, so after using that and this sleeping pack, I know that all the moisture really gets within the skin and targets the problem areas as well.


I also use these masks sheets. I'm pretty addicted in buying them because it's cheap and effective. If you're my friend, you probably got one from me :D


This particular one is from Nature Republic, and I don't want to use it hahaha hi to all exo-stans out there! My bias is my kyungsoo <3

My last universal tip is 'Balance is key'. Lifestyle is a big factor affecting our skin condition so remember to stay positive, drink lots of water and eat your fruits and vegetables! Find the right balance and all things shall follow.

And there you have it! I'm finally done with this lengthy post woo! I hope you learned a thing or two! As I said in the beginning of this post, I'm not a professional and we have diferent types of skin so, what works for me, might not work for you.

To my friends who requested for this post, finally here it is, thank you for waiting! If you need help on anything, don't hesitate to ask me! I'm more than willing to help. Love y'all!

Thanks for reading!



Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Great Review!!! :) I also used the Cure as a gentle exfoliate for my skin to help remove the dead skin cells, it work really great for me!!! I also really like Laneige products especially their eye cream but i never have the chance to try the water sleeping pack yet, do you think it is gentle enough for prone sensitive skin to try? I just added you on Twitter and Goggle +, Hope we can keep in touch :) (My twitter account is @beautyboxchic) Looking forward to your next blogpost ^^

    Janet (@beautyboxchic)

    http://beautyboxchic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete